Life University’s bookstore is only available online at http://LIFE.Textbookx.com. This platform is our official source for classroom textbooks and course materials.
The portal provides a better experience for students (including multiple book options and savings) and makes faculty quarterly book adoptions more effective and efficient by allowing direct access to your personalized course list.
Within the portal faculty/administrators can:
- View an adoption timeline with key deadlines
- Check the status of adoptions in real time
- Access course adoption history
- View a recommendation engine with other high-quality, low-cost book options
- Create a custom Course Pack
- Review pricing and availability for selected materials
- Add notes and files to courses
- Preview a student view before submission
- Communicate with administrators or department chairs regarding adoptions
To ensure that students can access all course materials for the Summer Quarter beginning on July 12, 2021, we ask that you submit your adoptions as soon as possible, but no later than July 9.
To submit your course adoptions, log into https://life.textbookx.com/institutional/login using the “Faculty and Administrator Login” box. Your assigned username is your first name.last name and “life” as your password – all lowercase (i.e. John Smith: username & password john.smith / life).
If you need assistance with your adoptions, go to the “Help” link in the left margin. Here you will find a quick tutorial video and PDF instructions on how to make your adoptions.
- If the item you would like to adopt comes with additional material, such as a CD or an access code; is part of a bundle; or is a workbook, the item must be marked as “New Only.”
- If you use a teacher’s edition copy, remember to pull the ISBN from the student’s edition. The site will not recognize a teacher’s edition ISBN.
- If no books are needed for your course, check the “No Books Required” box in your course, so your adoption will finalize. This will also stop additional reminder email notifications.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Sean Keane, the Account Manager for the Life University Online Bookstore, at firstname.lastname@example.org.