Two Important Announcements from the Office of Academic Affairs
Where to Address Academic-Related Questions
We understand that right now many of our students have ongoing individual and unique situations and scenarios to work through alongside the changes to the way courses are currently being held. These academic-related questions should be directed first to your instructor and then to the Dean of the college; however, if you still have unresolved issues that are academic-related after taking those steps, we’ve created the email address Academics@LIFE.edu to address those needs.
We are happy to help answer these academic-related questions or at least get you to the right place. Remember, we are in this together and hope that creating this avenue helps you continue on the path of meeting your educational goals.
Registration for your summer quarter D.C. courses begins this Saturday, May 30, and we are all excited to see you back on campus beginning July 13, 2020 for the Summer Quarter!
Above all, we want to assure you that your health and safety is our top concern. As we return to campus for in-person classes and patient care, there will be some changes to University operations. We will proceed with adherence to CDC and White House parameters for the Opening up America Again initiative, the most up-to-date social distancing guidelines, current executive orders from Georgia’s governor and other CDC/healthcare recommendations (e.g., COVID-19 screenings, physical distancing, etc.).
Remember when registering for DC courses that have both a lecture and lab, you must register for both. All lectures will be delivered in the remote format and the hands-on lab component for the course will be provided on campus.
- On-campus labs in quarters one (1) through seven (7) will be delivered in the afternoon/evenings.
- On-campus labs in quarters eight (8) through thirteen (13) will be delivered in the morning.
- Most on-campus labs will remain capped at 20 students and an instructor; some labs previously held in smaller rooms will be capped at 10 students and an instructor and have more sections available.
For those who are unable to return to campus because of travel restrictions or health related issues, you will have the option of taking lecture only courses or courses with a remote lecture and remote lab section.
Clinic Practicum Courses
- Intern involvement in patient care will resume with limited schedules with adherence to CDC and White House parameters for the Opening up America Again initiative, the most up-to-date social distancing guidelines, current executive orders from Georgia’s governor and other CDC/healthcare recommendations.
- NOTE: Quarterly CLIN practicum requirements resume as normal per the CLIN course practicum syllabi.
Appropriate public health and safety recommendations and hygiene protocols will be in place during lab and clinic times.
Enjoy your summer break, be well and we will see you soon!
Academic Events This Week
- No events scheduled for October 18, 2021.
- No events scheduled for October 19, 2021.
- No events scheduled for October 20, 2021.
- No events scheduled for October 21, 2021.